So... I obviously can't have a garden, since I can't get down to the ground, so Bill is bringing the ground up to me! We're hoping to grow tomatoes and peppers, since we use them more than anything else. The 3 posts that are 'growing' out of the patio will have a beam across the top so we can hang baskets for flowers, and possibly herbs. We're looking for a bird bath that we like, haven't seen one so far, but we will!
All of these beams and the 'box' part of the planter are from cedar beams that were formerly hanging from our den ceiling. When the contractor saw them, he was amazed that they hadn't fallen down, since they were just toenailed into the paneling. I uploaded a picture of the former den, so you can see where they came from. It's gorgeous wood, so it would have been a shame to NOT use it!
So anyway, all we have to do now is line the planter with plastic, dump in the dirt, and plant some things!
If this works out, I'll have him build me another one next summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment