Well, there you go. We have walls. Tomorrow is tape, float and texture day. Then we'll have NICE walls.
Also tomorrow is all new windows day, when Bill and I will be moving furniture from one room to another all day to give them access to the windows. I think you can understand where I'm coming from when I tell you that I am very ready for tomorrow to be over with! Bill and I have this furniture addiction, and the house is packed... when you lose a couple of rooms it crams together quite tightly, and then when you have to move it to have windows installed... well... let's just say it's going to be an annoying day. Also joyful! I've been praying for new windows since we moved in here, and tomorrow is the day!
We painted the new siding today, and I love it. Instead of vinyl, we went with Hardie Board, which is insect proof, fireproof, waterproof... just about everything-proof, really. Bill still has to paint the new gable, because I can't help him with that, but all in good time on that one. We needed to get the siding painted so the light and outlet could be installed, so that the electrical permit could be signed off on.
Whew!
So, just a couple more days of contractors and laborers, and we'll be back to about as normal as we ever get around here. Once everyone is gone, we can paint the new rooms. I'm so ready!!!
Love y'all...
Dem Smiffs
Gosh, it's going to be like having a brand new house! Soon the pain will be a distant memory, like childbirth (so I hear).
ReplyDeletelove, Bobbie